Dr Dinah Parums studied medicine at the University of Cambridge and University of Oxford and has a Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology from the University of Cambridge. Her higher specialist training was in Pathology at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford (MRCPath in 1991 and FRCPath in 1999).
Dinah has ten years of experience as a Consultant Pathologist in the U.K. This role involved clinical work, management, teaching and research with involvement in laboratory accreditation.
Dinah has experience as an Examiner for the Royal College of Pathologists in the U.K. (1995 to 2002). She was awarded the Fellowship of the American College of Chest Physicians (FCCP) in 1999. She has four years of experience as a Principal Pharmaceutical Physician in industry and has worked as a Clinical Editor with the British Medical Journal (BMJ).
- Freelance Writing Services website: http://drdinahparums.com
- Professional profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dinahparums
- Curriculum vitae: http://www.visualcv.com/dinahparums
- Medical education experience: https://www.visualcv.com/dinahparumsteaching
- Email: email@example.com
LINKS TO PUBLISHED MATERIAL:
- Dr Dinah Parums Publications Website: http://www.dr-dinah-parums.com
- Parums DV on PubMed: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Parums+D
- Parums DV on GoogleScholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=2BxIcIAAAAAJ&hl=en
- Parums DV, on Academia.Edu: https://independent.academia.edu/DinahParums
- Author, Thomson Reuters Life Sciences Connect: http://lsconnect.thomsonreuters.com/author/dinah-parums/
- Author, Healthcare-Arena: https://healthcare-arena.co.uk/author/dinahparums/
- Parums DV, on PublicationsList: http://publicationslist.org/dinah.parums
- Dr Dinah Parums’ Patents: http://patents.justia.com/inventor/dinah-parums
1. Writing and Publishing: More than 20 years of experience in medical writing and communication, as a postgraduate medical teacher, as a clinician and as a research scientist. Six months of experience as a Clinical Editor, British Medical Journal (BMJ) within the ‘Knowledge Group’, editing and planning content.
2. Biomedical Journal Peer Reviewer: More than 20 years of experience as a biomedical journal peer reviewer, continuing as a reviewer for journals including BioMed Central & Medical Science Monitor. A current Peer Reviewer Certificate of Service for Medical Science Monitor may be accessed at: http://www.slideshare.net/DinahParums/dr-dinah-parums-peer-reviewer-certificate-of-service-for-2015-medical-science-monitor
3. Biomedical Journal Editorial Board Member: In August 2016, Dinah was elected as a member of the Editorial Board of Medical Science Monitor: http://www.medscimonit.com/editorialBoard
4. Disease Area Knowledge: Specialty areas include pathology, oncology, lung and cardiovascular disease, tissue repair, inflammation, immunology and translational science.
5. Research Publications: Publication of more than 40 peer-reviewed original articles, including editing a core postgraduate teaching text. Submission of patent applications. Publications, patents, books and articles may be found at: http://www.dr-dinah-parums.com/publications.html
6. External Consultant to the Pharmaceutical Industry: From 1997 to 2002, working as an external Consultant in Pathology with Pfizer Global R&D (Sandwich, U.K.). Disease areas included cardiovascular, lung, genito-urinary, ophthalmic, CNS, tissue repair/wound healing and inflammation.
7. Senior Role in the Pharmaceutical Industry: From 2004 to 2009, full-time Principal Pharmaceutical Physician in Experimental Medicine and then Discovery Medicine, with Astrazeneca (Alderley Park, Macclesfield, U.K.). This role included establishing a pathology capability on site, liaising with KOLs world-wide and assessing external CROs and pathology laboratories for collaboration in clinical trials. As Pathologist for the ISEL (non small-cell lung cancer) trial in 2005 /2006, this was the largest clinical trial to date using tissue biomarker analysis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17075123
8. Collaboration and Consultancy with Industry, Clinicians and Academics: From 2005 to 2008, responsibility for initiating and managing an external (U.S.) Pathology collaboration using multiplex analysis of tissue biomarkers in lung cancer, the results of which were published in 2009: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19272767
9. Professional Medical Writing Affiliations: From 2014, membership of the National Union of Journalists (NUJ), European Medical Writer’s Association (EMWA), American Medical Writer's Association (AMWA), and International Society for Medical Publishing Professionals (ISMPP), with knowledge of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) Codes of Practice. Member of the MedComms WorkBook LinkedIn group, for freelance writers and editors. Familiarity with the Good Publication Practice Guidelines (Version 3, June 2015): https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/good-publication-practice-guideline-3-gpp3-august-2015-dinah-parums?trk=prof-post
TEACHING & COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
1. Experience of working with patients, students, physicians, scientists and key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the health service and the pharmaceutical industry.
2. Appointments in University teaching hospitals where postgraduate teaching was part of the role; as Clinical Tutor in Pathology, Nuffield Department of Pathology, Oxford and as Senior Lecturer in Histopathology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London. A summary of teaching experience may be found at: http://www.visualcv.com/dinahparumsteaching
3. Writing and editing a core postgraduate course textbook in clinical pathology, ‘Essential Clinical Pathology’ published by Blackwell Science: http://www.bookdepository.com/Essential-Clinical-Pathology/9780632030880
4. Since February 2014 and at the invitation of Thomson Reuters Life Sciences Connect, 20 topical science articles have been published online, which are of a general and a specialised nature. These articles by Dr Dinah Parums may be found at: http://lsconnect.thomsonreuters.com/author/dinah-parums/
5. At the invitation of publishers Prous Science, two review articles have been written and published in 2014 on the current status of targeted therapy and immune therapy in lung cancer, for Drugs of Today and Drugs of the Future: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25101332